Saturday, July 13, 2013

Guest Blogger - Dr. Natalie Keefer

I started this blog as a way to showcase my writing ability to prospective clients.  What it does not address, though, are my skills in transcribing and editing.  To that end, I have invited my good friend and co-worker, Dr. Natalie Keefer, to guest blog about her professional experiences with me.

Natalie and I have worked together for over nine years.  While in separate departments, we bonded over our passion for anthropology and have been kindred spirits ever since.  When Natalie was ready to write her dissertation after years of course work in USF's Social Science Education doctoral program, I was honored to be her transciptionist, data coder, and editor. 

Robin Stonaker was an invaluable resource for transcriptions and editing while I wrote my dissertation. She consistently reviewed my work in a timely manner, often responding with suggestions earlier than promised. Robin accurately and efficiently transcribed interview recordings and provided careful editing of my writing as well as tips for clarification of my ideas. She worked closely with me during the transcription process to insure meaning was preserved as the audio files were transferred to typed document.  Robin provided a fresh pair of eyes and sage advice after reviewing my writing for grammatical and APA citation style errors.
Robin’s skills and professionalism as a transcriptionist and as an editor allowed me to spend more time on data analysis and study findings because I was not as focused on transcription and technical writing concerns. After Robin reviewed my dissertation and I made the suggested changes, I was confident that I had a polished document, ready for final defense.

 
                                                                                                              Wordle by uni.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment